The “Uncertainty Quantification & Optimization” conference intends to gather internationally renowned researchers developing methods in the fields of optimization and uncertainty quantification. The conference themes cover all related aspects of computational uncertainty management and optimization in the presence of uncertainty, with a particular emphasis on the case of complex numerical models and large simulation infrastructures.
The event will host several keynote lectures and presentations from participants of the UTOPIAE network. The conference also welcomes external contributions within the conference themes, in particular on the following topics: robust optimization, stochastic programming, stochastic inverse problems, Bayesian inference, uncertainty quantification methods, sensitivity analysis, the design of experiments, surrogate and reduced modeling, high-dimensional problems, probability theory and imprecise probability.
Application domains include, but are not restricted to, aerospace engineering and sciences, energy production and management, transportation, manufacturing, etc.
Invited Speakers (Tentative)
– Omar Knio, Professor, Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
– Gianluca Iaccarino, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University.
– Christian Soize, Emeritus Professor, Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée (UPEM).
– Bruno Sudret, Professor of Risk, Safety and Uncertainty quantification at ETH Zurich.
– Fabien Mangeant, Renault.