Technical activities (tues, wed, fri): Concurrent & Collaborative Design Studio (CCDS), Technology & Innovation Centre, 99 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RD
Outreach (mon): Glasgow Science Centre, 50 Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1EA
Teambuilding skills (thurs): JW606, James Weir Building, 75 Montrose St, Glasgow, G1 1XJ
IMPORTANT: The CCDS requires a security pass to enter. On the tuesday, please meet in the front lobby of the TIC at 9 am to register and receive your ID badges.
The technical activities for the LTW-1 will be run within the Concurrent & Collaborative Design Studio located in the Technology & Innovation Centre at the University of Strathclyde. The CCDS is a concurrent design facility that houses 18 linked workstations with a full video conferencing and presentation technology suite.
The Concurrent and Collaborative Design Studio is equipped with:
- 18 workstations equipped with Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) and Windows 7 operating systems
- Ubuntu 14.04.4 virtual server
- ESA Open Concurrent Design Tool (OCDT): client/server software package for concurrent design
- Each workstation is media (video/audio) connected to the primary command workstation for sharing video and audio content within the room
- Video conference capabilities (Polycom, skype, gotomeeting and major web-based videoconferencing systems): 3 main cameras, 1 webcam for each workstation, main room audio with recording facility, 1 microphone for each workstation
The Technology and Innovation Centre is a 5 minute walk from Queen St Station and 15 minutes from Glasgow Central Station. It can be seen highlighted below on the map: