Mariapia Marchi is Senior Researcher in the Numerical Methods Group of ESTECO SpA (Trieste, Italy).
She was awarded a Doctoral degree in Physics from the University of Trieste in 2006. After a few years as post-doctoral fellow in computational Physics at the University of Trieste and SISSA (International School for Advanced Studies, Trieste), she joined ESTECO in 2011.
She participates in the research and development of numerical methods for multiobjective optimization and optimization under uncertainty (among other topics) and activities related to funded projects.
Currently funded projects: UTOPIAE, ESA Innovative Triangle Initiative (ITI) on the “Development of robust design optimization of space missions”, COMPOSELECTOR (https://www.composelector.net/)
She is a member of the NAFEMS Optimization Working Group.
Key recent publications:
(1) N. Léger, L. Rizzian, M. Marchi. Reliability-based design optimization of reinforced concrete structures with elastomeric isolators. In: 10th International Conference on Structural Dynamics, EURODYN 2017, Procedia Engineering 199, 1193-1198, 2017
(2) M. Marchi, L. Rizzian, and S. Costanzo. Multiobjective sizing optimization of a steel girder bridge with a simple Target-driven approach. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), 2046-2053, 2017
(3) M. Marchi, M. Munerato, L. Rizzian, and S. Costanzo. Multi-objective optimization under uncertainty with real-time integrated decision making applied to structural engineering. In M. Papadrakakis, V. Papadopoulos, and V. Plevris, editors, COMPDYN 2015, 5th ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 2015
(4) M. Marchi, E. Rigoni, R. Russo, and A. Clarich. Guideline identification for optimization under uncertainty through the optimization of a boomerang trajectory. In Evolutionary Multi-Criterion Optimization. Springer International Publishing, 2015
(5) M. Marchi, L. Rizzian, E. Rigoni, R. Russo, and A. Clarich. Combining robustness and reliability with polynomial chaos techniques in multiobjective optimization problems: use of percentiles. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Structural Dynamics, EURODYN, 2014